Watermelon is a type of watery fruit that most types of red-colored fruit flesh. This fruit is very suitable in consumption when the air is very hot or during the day is quite hot. This is because, almost 90 percent of the watermelon content consists of water. The fruit is easy to get in traditional markets as well as in more modern markets. Most of us would love to consume these watery fruits. However, in addition to thirst-relief penganti, many benefits of watermelon for your body's health. Here are 7 amazing benefits of watermelon for body health are:
- Healthier Heart. Watermelon is a source of lycopene. Lycopene contained in watermelon plays an important role to maintain the health of heart organ you have.
- Healthier Eyes. This is because, this fruit contains beta-carotene which will be changed in the body into vitamin A. Vitamin A is a vitamin that will nourish the vision organs.
- Boost the immune system. Watermelon is also a source of vitamin C. Vitamin C has the function of helping to improve the body's immune system. So the body will not get sick easily when the weather is not good or very extreme.
- Protection Of Free Radicals. A variety of factory smoke, motor vehicle fumes and inhaled air can trigger free radical entry that can threaten your body's health. Watermelon contains carotenoid compounds that can neutralize free radicals that enter the body of a person.
- Strengthen the Bones of the Body. This is because, watermelon is one of the fruit rich in potassium content. Potassium serves to maintain calcium in the body. So that the bones and joints will be healthier and stronger all the time.
- Healthier Kidney Organs. Consuming watermelon fruit will help improve the flow of urine. With the smooth flow of urine it will also affect the health of kidney organs in the body.
- Reduce Body Fat. Watermelon is a type of fruit rich in citruline content which plays a role in reducing excess fat in the body.